There are many ways to approach an office move in Sydney. Some work and others… don’t work so well.
It’s so important that you are as prepared as possible for your relocation project. If you’re not, you could be putting your entire business at risk.
Therefore, we’ve compiled another list of ten more of the very best tips for your office relocation project.
We hope that they’ll help you navigate your move, in an efficient manner.
- Get the head of each department of your business to complete a thorough inventory of the items that will be relocated. No one will do it better than the person who oversees that part of your business.
- Make sure you do a walk-through of your new office premises with the building manager to make sure everything is in tip-top shape. A condition report will have been delivered before you signed a contract, but one last once-over will never go astray.
- Find out whether the air-conditioning or heating will be on over the moving period. If it’s particularly cold or hot, it may be required for the moving professionals.
- Make sure all of your office plants are well cared for in the lead up to the move. As well as that, it’s important that you plan for where they’ll be placed in your new Sydney office space.
- Provide some time for your staff to pack up their individual workstations the day before the move and take their personal possessions home. It’s important that nothing is left behind!
- It’s important to have a manager at both your departing office and new office during the actual move, to help direct the office relocation professionals. Only one manager is ideal, to ensure all communication is clear and decisive.
- Be sure that all of your cabling and other IT hardware is in working order before your IT team arrives to establish your network. If you run into issues with IT hardware, it will likely impact your business operations greatly.
- Prioritise your IT equipment when packing items. That way, you’ll be able to ensure it’s the first thing unloaded at your new premises.
- Pay special attention to the hanging of any artwork or other decorative pieces in your office space. You’ll need to make sure that you don’t make any unnecessary holes in the wall, so plan carefully.
- Ensure all of your mail is being forward onto your new premises, which can be set-up through Australia Post.
We hope these tips are helpful for your Sydney office relocation project! To discuss your office move, get in touch with Niche Projects here.